Bergantino Reference II Series 112 Bass Guitar Speaker
The beloved Bergantino REF112 cabinet has been reincarnated in a new, lighter weight design called the Reference Series II, and it still sounds absolutely amazing!
Check out this quick video demo! https://youtu.be/n7wh-SDSI84
Supplies will be limited - get yours while you can!
John Fox Bass will be getting a few in Black tolex, and one in Vintage Burgundy tolex.
Introducing the Reference II Series of bass cabinets from Jim Bergantino, featuring the Reference II Series 112 (Based on the original Ref112), and the all-new Reference II Series 115. With a new look and still utilizing ceramic magnets, the Reference II Series epitomizes the technology that bass tone was built on for more than half a century.
To help these new cabinets enjoy the highest ratio of “pound” per pound without compromising the tone and performance of ceramic-based speakers, Jim utilized a lighter weight, poplar ply shell while maintaining the Baltic Birch baffle for an unyieldingly solid bass tone with prodigious amount of presence and warmth in the low end.
If you’re a player that just can’t do without the ceramic feel and tone, but demand modern ergonomics and no compromise, the all new Reference II Series from Bergantino is for you…sometimes moving forward means looking back!
This cabinet features:
- Lighter weight solution utilizing class leading ceramic technology drivers
- Italian Poplar plywood and Baltic Birch ported cabinetry
- Durable Bronco Tolex covering- for long life and cabinet protection
- Hard-wearing grill cloth with metal cabinet corners
Pictured in this listing is the Reference II Series 112, a lean, mean tone machine. Bergantino took the same great package tone purists loved and shaved off some weight without any sacrifice to that full-bodied, robust tone. The Reference II Series 112 is the chameleon of the line and can achieve any sonic palette you input while faithfully reproducing YOUR tone. Many players loved the original Reference 112 because of the “blank canvas” it provided the player seeking a solid, no-frills bass tone – you know, the one that anchors any great band. Seamless, tight, quick and responsive all come to mind when thinking about how this cab speaks.
- uncompromising performance at any volume but at a manageable size and weight.
- perfect stand-alone cabinet that can belt out solid notes and feel without compromise. A pair will leave you wanting for nothing!
And if you are in need of even more oomph for your B string, check out the REF115 II, also avaliable here at John Fox Bass.
The newly redesigned Bergantino Reference II Series continues as the benchmark for high-quality bass guitar amplification. This newly released Reference II series employs precision tuned cabinets, built with the finest 100% Baltic birch and light weight plywood, and is covered in a rugged tolex finish for pleasing aesthetics and long-term durability. They also employ a classy cloth grill to give these Reference cabs a new and classic look.
The internal components utilize high quality, custom designed woofers along with a superlative sounding compression driver mated to a constant directivity horn. The constant directivity horn ensures consistent coverage throughout the audio spectrum, and a custom designed, phase coherent crossover seamlessly mates these components throughout the critical crossover region. Reference series woofers utilize ceramic magnets w/ vented pole pieces and the low-end is full and round. Along with their high power handling capability, the Reference II Series are a very versatile speaker cabinet; excelling at both finger style and pick playing, and due to their tight-creamy low end are an excellent choice for slap-style as well. Bergantino’s Reference II Series cabinets produce an accurate, full-bodied and authentic representation of your bass guitar in both live and studio settings.
- Woofer: 1-12” Ceramic Magnet Woofer w/ Vented Pole Pieces
- Tweeter: High Intelligibility Compression Driver w/ Constant Directivity Horn
- Cabinet Design: Ported
- Cabinet Material: Baltic Birch Baffle, Light-weight Plywood shell
- Cabinet Covering: Black Tolex (Vintage Burgundy also available in limited quantities)
- Impedance: 8-ohms
- Power Handling: 350W RMS
- Crossover: Custom Phase-Coherent Crossover w/ Tweeter Control
- Frequency Response: 40hZ – 15KhZ
- Sensitivity: 98db @ 2.83v / 1-meter
- Dimensions: 17-3/4”H x 18-1/2”W x 14”D
- Weight: 36 Lbs.
- Price: $1,059 USD